Saturday, March 7, 2015

A New Design

So sorry to have ignored you this week my friends ... I have been busy with issues with my mom.  She lives in an assisted living facility 1/2 hour away; it is a great place, but I am the sole child that lives local, so all the problems fall to me to solve.  She has been having some medical issues and I have been coordinating doctor appointments because it's been a little overwhelming for her.

Earlier in the week we had a surprise visit from my aunt and uncle that live in Washington state.  It was great fun to spend an evening having dinner with them.  It always makes me think of my sweet grandmother when I see my relatives ... I know she would be so proud of us for keeping up with each other and visiting together.

I did manage to get a friend's quilt done this week and I love the design I did.  Something a little different ...
A circular swirl with two little echoed loops thrown in here and there ... They almost look like feathers and I think really make the design look unique.
It was fun to do ... Since I usually do all free motion designs, I get stuck in a rut and like to do something different sometimes.  Can I tell you a secret ... My favorite stitch to do is a stipple!  It is fun, fast and antique looking.  With all the fancy stitches that people create now, so many do not like stippling.  I LOVE it, and you will find it on most of my own quilts.
Don't you love her fabric choices?  It is a jelly roll quilt ... I don't usually like them, but I love this one.  This is the Atelier line from Moda.  

 I used my favorite thread, Omni by Superior. 


Thank you Jayne for allowing me to quilt for you!

Here's a peek of what else I have been working on this week ... More APQ Quiltalong progress ...



After years of living without Instagram, and saying I would never do it, a friend convinced me to try it ... I LOVE it and find it a quick source of inspiration.  Follow me there @quiltingunderthesun

2 comments:

glassbylindi.blogspot.com said...

Nice quilting design. I have some of that fabric that is in the quilt. The line was given to me by a friend several years ago.L

Carolyn S. said...

Another quilt-along?! Looks great. I love the fabric lines you're using.