Friday, January 2, 2015

What I'm working on

I started off my new year sewing all day!  I usually have a good deal of quilts to longarm, but I only have two at the moment, so I'm taking advantage of the spare time I have to sew for myself.

I made these pillowcases for my daughter last week ... From fabric I bought on a trip a couple years ago
... She loves penguins!  Have you ever made pillowcases?  I forget how extremely simple and satisfying they are to make ... Everyone should have at least a pair!


You know I've been working on a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt ... The big reveal was New Year's Day, so I started assembling the blocks yesterday.

This is what her block looked like ... Here is mine
Three in a row!  I have 25 to make ... This is really out of my comfort zone in style, but it was a mystery quilt and I really wanted to try something different!
Busy busy .. But when you see this quilt
all together, you cannot believe how beautiful it is ... Now I have designed quilts before, but Bonnie is a real genius!  

Here is how January's stash class project is looking ...
Progress being made!
Can't wait to show you more!  

I am currently finishing up my first UFO of 2015.  Been binding a mystery quilt that I taught a couple of years ago ....
See the fur in the middle?  That's Sophie ... Kind of hard to bind around her ... Everytime I do a little more she moves and then repositions herself!  Haha ... Someone in this house loves my quilts!

2 comments:

paulette said...

Your BH Mystery Quilt is going to be STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!
P

Carolyn S. said...

I agree, I think your BH quilt is going to be beautiful. Each one I've made has blown me away, they've been something I would have been intimidated to start had I known how much work would be in them, but the week by week progress helped ease me in, until I had two beautiful quilts!