Friday, December 5, 2014

December Stash Quilt

Maybe you're asking yourself why we would have a stash class in December!  Well, I didn't want to have the class the day after Thanksgiving which was when the November class was scheduled, so we moved it to December, and the 12th was the first Friday available!

Ok I am trying something new here with my picture, so let me know what you think. I used a photo collage app, but couldn't figure out how to get the picture to fill the frame.  I'm a work in orogress, what can I say!!

Ideally the picture would fill the entire frame, but you get the idea!  This is a quilt I made from leftover charm pack strips from a quilt I made last year.  It's hard to see the fabrics .. They are so
cute and my borders all have polka
Dots on them ... So happy!!Think you can see the blocks a little better here before I sewed them together.  I can't wait to quilt it and it will look even more spectacular!!!

This is a super fast quilt and easy for a beginner because there are very few seams to match.  You can make this
In one day, I promise!  My idea was to use it as a table topper, but with just a couple more rows, it would be a great and quick baby quilt.

For the last class of the year we are going out with a bang!  For every stash quilt you finished, you get a ticket and I am going to have prizes!  The more quilts you've completed, the more tickets you get, the more you increase your chances to win.  I would love to have everyone bring their projects to class to show and tell.  Alternatively, if the quilt isn't in your possession anymore, a picture may substitute.  I would also love to celebrate our year of using our stashes with a little party!  Brunch provided by me!!  I hope you can come.  The stash class is Friday, December 12 from 10 - 1 at the Country Loft.  Please call Kathy to put your name on the list.  The fee is $10 ... 619-466-5411.

No comments: