Friday, July 18, 2014

Hello

Well I know I owe you several stash reports, but I am lacking a couple of pictures which has held me up there.  Promise to get those out soon.  

I have been back to the longarm machine as I need to get cranking on some of these quilts.  I taught a mystery jelly roll quilt on Saturday ... We had a lot of fun.  This is my sample ... It happens to be a Christmas present for my stepmom.  This is probably a first for me getting a Christmas present done long before Christmas.  I decided my family is getting quilts from me this year ... So that helped me get started early.
Kind of hard to see here, but this is the beginning of it while on the frame.
The quilt is on point and it's snowball blocks and nine patches.  Around the edges I left the corners off the snowball blocks ... Makes it a little interesting.
I did something a little different ... A swirl with a daisy . . . I think if I did it again I would have made the quilting a little bit tighter.  I used Omni thread in the top and a prewound Magna Glide in the bobbin.
The quilt measured 68 1/2 x 68 1/2; I wanted it to fit on my stepmom's bed, so I decided to add a top and bottom border out of the same fabric after the setting triangles were added ... I like it.  Happy to say that with my red binding that I added, I used a total of 9 1/2 yards of fabric out of my stash, so that makes me really happy!

Here is Kathy working on her mystery quilt ... I am so happy to have Kathy in my class!  She usually works so much that she hasn't had time for classes, but with the restructuring at the store, she has a little more free time now.  At least 5 people commented on how happy they were to see Kathy taking a class!

As you can see, we had 7 ladies working hard!  They had a pretty big quilt to make, so they were really keeping at it.  I provided lunch too, so it was nice to feed my students and keep their energy up!

Speaking of energy ... Look who is growing up ...
Isn't she just adorable?  Kylee and mommy were supposed to come visit a couple of weeks ago, but Kylee got 103 fever the morning they were supposed to leave ... So sad we all were!  So we are hoping  they can come back around Labor Day.  We sure miss them lots.

No comments: