Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I know a lot of women that are such inspirations when it comes to being good role models. I know many women that are not moms but set such examples of compassion, love and other motherly qualities. We all are not blessed with the best moms, but you take what you are given in life and you either let it hold you back, or you let it make you stronger. I had a wonderful day with my husband and daughter. I got to talk to my son and his fiance, and saw a beautiful picture of my granddaughter. My hubby and I went to see a movie (that was what I wanted), and we had a nice dinner out. Being a mom is a privilege ... An honor and the hardest job I have ever had. It is also the best and most rewarding and I am grateful every day to be a mom.

I did a quilt a couple weeks ago and didn't get a chance to show you a picture. It was fun because it is a friend of mine and she said to do whatever I wanted. I did my little all over swirl in a rust colored Glide thread in top and bobbin. It looked really nice on the quilt.

The other quilt I have to show you is one I finished last week. It was a block of the month ... Fun to do. I decided to go over her embroidery; if you go around, then it all stands up. I tried to do a wider pattern within the embroidery so while I went over the design, I tried not to do it too heavily. I loved her back ... It always takes a little finagling to get it totally centered. She did a beautiful label and it looks so nice! I used So Fine thread in the top and bobbin ... In a nice caramel color.

Enjoy your week!





















No comments: