Monday, May 27, 2013

Bountiful Sunday

A week ago I started a quilt at work.  Have you ever seen the magazine Primitive Quilts?  It is wonderful.  It comes out once every few months and is filled with my kind of quilts and projects.  We try to make samples of a couple things every time, and have kits available.  It was a little slow in the morning, so I decided to pick some fabric and make the quilt, North and South.  I love the way it came out!  It was a little tricky in parts because the strips are cut only 1 1/4" wide.  I was using a diamond textile in the sashing and cornerstones, and it does like to stretch a little.  But the sample is done (not quilted yet), and laying on a table in the store ... Isn't it wonderful?!

I did a quilt a couple of weeks ago and I just love this fabric.  It is a Sandy Gervais  line but it is several years old.  It is just so happy and it would look terrific in my room .... But it was not mine!  I used Glide thread with an all over swirl ... I swear I don't get tired of doing that design ... It just goes so well with almost any quilt.  Sometimes I think I should practice doing some other designs, but then I figure since it works, why?  Keep it simple ... That is going to be my new motto!

And lastly is a picture I got today of our sweet granddaughter ... How she has grown!  She looks so happy and sweet in this picture!  I am taking our daughter back in a week and a half to visit, and I cannot wait!!!  I might pack her in my suitcase and bring her home with us!!










No comments: