Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday work

Today was my work day ... I am fortunate enough to only work one full day a week at the Country Loft.  I also teach classes, and work several days a week at home on my longarm.  Right now Mindy and I are working on next year's block of the month so we are both working on Thursday's ... it is really nice to have a buddy while you're working to chat with ... and we work well together and get a lot done!  I think we give each great support and have good ideas.

Okay, while I was trying to figure out fabric today for a block, I had this idea ... I am not computer literate, so please someone tell me if this "app" exists ... I think it would be wonderful to have a program where you could draw a piece of fabric (the measurements), and then tell the computer what measurements you needed to get out of there ... then check and see whether that would work.  It would be a lot faster than doing it on paper!  Ha, ha ...

I've been a busy bee this week ... I have two quilts to show you:

This quilt I used a pantograph ... one of my new Glide colors (Sand) in top and bobbin

Hard to see the design, but it's a Golden Threads pantograph called Feather Me

 Isn't this a great quilt?  Another one by my friend, Judy!  She just pushes herself to do different things and her quilts are all different, and all amazing!  She has only been quilting for a year, can you believe it?  As always, I use Hobbs 80/20 batting.
Next up was this beauty that was made of batiks.
Hard to see the pattern on this, but I used the same pantograph ... I really liked the way is looked against these straight lines.

I just couldn't get a good picture so you could see the texture in this quilt ... I used Glide thread in top and bobbin ... it was one of my new colors ... that beautiful rust!  It was made for this quilt.
I was in a hurry to take this picture because I finished the quilt before I went to work this morning, so I didn't get a very good picture of the quilting.

Last Saturday I took a class at the Loft from my friend Jayne ... it was really fun.  There were only two of us in the class and we just had a great time.  I decided to make my quilt totally different ... it was a Christmas quilt ...

This is what my quilt looks like without the trees ...

Sorry, you have to turn your head to the side to see this quilt ... I forgot to adjust the picture before I loaded it onto Picasa.  I put a blue border around the outside ... it is really different and fun.  I used everything out of my stash and I am so psyched about that!  Making room for more fabric.  Speaking of which ... I am very excited because my two great friends are coming over tomorrow to help me get all my sewing stuff into one spot ... oh I cannot wait!  I am just so excited because everytime I look at everything all over the place in four different rooms, I just don't know where to start.

1 comment:

jayne said...

So glad you took the class and by the way...your fabric selection was inspiring! Please post your finished project - it is wonderful!!!!