Friday, April 6, 2012

Computers -- acckkk!

Whew ... it is almost 11:30 p.m. and I have been trying for the last two days to get the McAfee Security to work on my computer -- it is a program that I downloaded through my internet provider.  It was working fine, and then in the last couple days I kept getting a blip on my screen every time I opened the computer that said "your computer is not protected."  Then I couldn't open the program ... after hours of troubleshooting, I finally decided to uninstall and reinstall the program.  Then I got a system error ... ugh!  Finally I got it to install and ran a scan, and now I feel okay to use the computer!  Sheesh ... I only like technology when it works.  I hate being a computer guru ... that, I am not!!

The last couple of days have been a blur ... we toured two colleges with our daughter on Wednesday, and then drove to Santa Barbara on Wednesday afternoon/evening.  To make a very long story short, we checked into a wonderful hotel on the beach in SB and toured the UC Santa Barbara campus on Thursday.  We drove around for about 2 1/2 hours Wed. night trying to find a hotel that accepted dogs ... I have a husband that likes to live on the edge, and we did not have reservations for Wed. night ... it is spring break, and so EVERYONE is traveling ... grrr ... I will not go there and bash my dear husband!  Ha, ha ... as things always do, it worked out ... somehow we arrived at the Fess Parker Doubletree Hotel ... a beautiful resort right across from the beach.  The room was amazing, and the price even more so!  I don't know how we got such a great rate, but I wish we could have stayed a couple of days.  We walked the dogs along the boardwalk Wednesday night after dinner, and I got up Thursday morning and took them for a long walk again ... lovely!  They had a ball!!

After our tour of UCSB, it was time for the fun to begin ... my favorite cousin (who is really more like my sister), lives in Santa Barbara ... when we get a chance to visit, it is like reliving all the years and great times we've spent together.  What a great visit we had!!  I got to meet her best friend that I've heard about for years, and it was just a beautiful day in Santa B.  I didn't want to leave!  We got home late last night, and I admit it was really nice to sleep in my own bed.

When you don't have a chance to get to your favorite candy store that the Easter Bunny shops at, you do the next best thing, and have it delivered (sometimes I can be so smart!) ... the See's candy came today ... I had to laugh because inside this big box was this ...
There was more packing than goodies ... really trying to restrain myself in the candy buying department this year -- I usually get way too carried away!
Ha, ha, ha!  I am so excited for Easter ... another one of my favorite times.  I love bunnies, and have always loved waking up on Easter morning and finding what the Easter bunny left!  Hidden eggs, Reese's peanut butter eggs, oh my!  So excited waiting for the Easter bunny to get here!

Okay tomorrow, we'll get back to quilting!  Oh how I've missed my quilting.

No comments: