Monday, April 23, 2012

Beautiful weekend

**I wrote this post yesterday, and then couldn't find my camera with the pictures on it!  Ha, ha ...

This weekend was like summer ... it was beautiful!  Saturday was La Mesa clean up day which means you can bring all your junk that can't go out in the trash.  We didn't have too much of that -- just some old blacktop and cement from a major driveway project from last year.  We have been slowly getting rid of it.  The exciting part of the clean up day is the free mulch!  I wanted to just load it up in my son's truck bed, but hubby insisted we just put it in some big trashcans.  We got two loads -- not a ton, but at least it will make a nice addition to some areas in the yard that really need attention.
Oh no, I was NOT digging in the dirt!
There are two members of this household, furry members, that were also excited to see the mulch.  As soon as we brought it home and dumped it in a pile, Sophie was right over there finding some big pieces to gnaw on ... that dog is such a brat! 
Notice all the little paw prints

Hmm ... big paw prints too
You can't see the layer of mulch on the bottom of her chin!
Charlie is black so it doesn't show ... but you can see the dirt on the hardwood floor where he lays!

It is amazing what you can get done in a day when you get up early and get moving!  Usually on the weekends, I'm up early, but I sit and have my coffee and read.  By the time I get a shower and get working, it's usually noon.  Well Sunday I had coffee with my friends at 9, then went to Target and did some shopping.  By the time I got home, I had a late breakfast, then got to my longarm and did about half of the quilt I'm working on, put chili in the crockpot for dinner.  It was just one of those wonderful days when I actually feel like I got a lot done!  Here's a sneak peek at the quilt that's on my frame ... I'll show you more tomorrow.

No comments: