Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday

If you live in San Diego and are either a football or baseball fan, you get used to NOT being in the big games.  It doesn't mean we like it ... I don't know why, but the teams here seem to get our hopes up and then smash them.  Maybe because we live in such a beautiful place, it wouldn't be fair to the rest of the country for us to have awesome sports teams!  I will watch the Super Bowl either by myself or with my husband ... he's not interested in all the hype; I don't particularly like the Giants as Eli Manning was picked by the Chargers years ago, but didn't want to play here ... we are no fan of his.  I detest the Patriots ... wasn't really fond of them before the whole cheating thing.  That issue seems to have been swept under the rug by the NFL so as they can continue to make loads of money ... boy do I sound like a cynic!  I will watch because I like watching football, and of course to see the commercials ... I don't care for Madonna, but I'll watch the half-time show.  Wonder why they picked her and not some great band?

You will forgive my negativity this day ... I'm a little sleep deprived.  Went to bed at 2 and Charlie woke me at 5:30 a.m. because he had to go out.  About 8 last night he started breathing faster and his stomach looked even more bloated; then when I called him, he was having a hard time walking.  I didn't think twice about it, I put him in the car and hauled him over to the emergency vet.  No one was there but us, so that was a good thing; an hour and a half later, and a chunk of money as well, he has a huge mass of food in his tummy that hasn't moved.  Lots of sub-cue (not sure of the exact word) fluids, and a special diet for the next couple days.  Hopefully that is all it is.  We were there in 2010 for a similar occurrence, and when I said goodbye to the very nice staff, I said I hoped we could go another couple of years at least before we are back!  Let's just say that I would have to work 6 days to pay for the visit ... I'm just relieved it doesn't seem to be anything more serious.  He is doing better today and tolerating the new diet ... actually, I think he's wondering where the heck his food has gone to!

Haven't gotten any sewing done, as the weather here is just beautiful.  Must do a couple of blocks today in preparation for my class on Tuesday and I'll have those to show tomorrow.  I'm taking my friend to her first radiation treatment in the morning.  She is doing better and I thank you for all your good thoughts and prayers for her ... please keep them coming.  Happy Super Bowl Sunday ... hope your favorite team wins!

No comments: