Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Schedules

Oh, I just have to laugh over something that happened today ... I am trying really hard to be organized and keep my day scheduled and straight.  I have a calendar that I'm great about writing in, I've been reading a couple books about organizing and list making, etc.  So today I made a list of the things I needed to do ... I was so proud of myself; it was sitting on the kitchen counter and as I went through my day, I was checking things off.  I had my quilt on the frame, had quilted a little on it, was about to call my mom to take her to the grocery store in the late afternoon.  Then I hear the bell at the gate and my husband says "isn't today the day the people are coming about the vacuum cleaner?"  What???  I didn't know what he was talking about and then BAM it hit me ... we had an appt. at 4:30 p.m. with our neighbor's sister.  As a favor to her would we make an appt. and sit through this sales call ... blah, blah, blah.  I've had it down, looked at the planner yesterday and saw the appt., even got a reminder call yesterday from the woman.  When I saw her at the gate, it was like I had no idea she was coming!  I just burst out laughing and explained to her and the guy that was with her how it had totally slipped my mind.  They thought it was funny too because I was laughing so hard ... what are you gonna do?  I never made it to the store with my mom, but we'll do that on Friday morning. 

My new motto is I'm not worrying about things ... they'll get done when they get done and it just doesn't do any good to fret.  I'm doing better at this than I had thought I would, let's see how I do through the rest of this week.  There is a lot going on, and time is flying.  As I mentioned, I did get the quilt on the frame ...
This is the finished top that I was trying to post yesterday ... I love the intricacy of all these little blocks.

See it's on the frame, and I got about the top 7" done ... I decided to do a small all over design that is fairly tight.  I really have a hard time with a small stipple; I just can't seem to make myself go that small.  So I decided to do a looping design.  I think the texture is going to be really good, but it is taking forever because it is so small.
I wish I could do the design a little flatter, and not so round, but I really have a hard time with that.  I tend to overthink the whole process anyway (can you tell??????) ... it's going to be beautiful!  Can't wait until it is done.  Gotta get myself in bed so I can get an early start tomorrow ... hoping to do a little quilting before I have to leave for work.

No comments: