Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Progress!

I got back on track today ... had my hair done, and that always helps lift me up!  Several years ago I decided that I was going to pay the $$ to get my hair done every 6 weeks.  It's a splurge, but I love my hairdresser (well, she was my friend first) but I decided it was worth the money.  My hair looks good and it makes me feel great.  Years ago I tried to color my own hair; when I look back on those pictures ... ugh!  My hair color was just awful.  Life is too short to not love your hair!  I enjoy the whole process; we chat, then I bring a book and read under the hairdryer.  It's nice and quiet and I love the hum of the hairdryer ... very soothing.   Then after the color is done, she washes and cuts and we chat some more.  Then of course my hair looks wonderful (a design that I could never hope to recreate on my own!), and I just feel good for the rest of the day.

I stopped by the store to get some fabric to make the backing for my B.O.M. quilt.  I was able to visit with several of my friends that work there, and we talked about our friend's daughter who just passed away.  We all agreed that we can learn a lot from how she lived her life; she was upbeat, positive and lived every day with such vigor and excitement.  One of my goals for this year was to slow myself down and stop putting so much pressure on myself to do x, y, z ... especially when it comes to my work for the store, or my quilting business.  This just reinforces the direction I was heading; this work is enjoyable and my hobby is fun.  If I run myself into the ground with "must get it done by," it ceases being fun and then really becomes a chore, and I don't enjoy it.  So ... I'm working on being a lot more flexible.  My original plan was to have the back for the quilt made today, get the quilt on the frame and quilted tomorrow so I could bring it to work with me on Thursday.  Well, it is 8:30 p.m., the back is not going to get made tonight.  Tomorrow I have to take my mom to the grocery store, go to the gym, make the back.  I can see the quilt getting loaded and quilted a little, but I don't see it being finished tomorrow.  Then of course I'm working on Thursday; I'll be at the store on Friday to help out, and hopefully I'll have it ready on Friday morning so Kathy can figure out where to hang it.  I'm pretty sure she knows where it's going to go, but getting it hung at least before the last minute.

Well, I'd love to show you the picture of the quilt, but Blogger is not letting me upload a picture, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see it!  I'm just going to quilt it very simply ... an all-over small, tight design.  I hope I remember how to quilt; I haven't been at my frame since the beginning of December ... ha, ha!

No comments: