Monday, January 9, 2012

A little sewing ... a little sadness

I found out last night that our friend's daughter that has been battling cancer passed away last evening.  It was such a shock and we are all so saddened.  I am glad our friend got to spend so much time with her daughter, helping her out during her illness the past year and a half.  I never met her, but you could see her spirit in the journal that she kept to keep everyone up-to-date on her progress.  I gave my daughter a huge hug when I got up this morning.  Life is unpredictable ... love your family . . .

I made myself run a couple errands this morning and then go to the gym.  It took my mind off of the sad news.  I put one more border on the quilt; all I have left is the outside border, but I just didn't have it in me today to finish it.  Tomorrow is another day, and it will be a better day.

No comments: