Saturday, January 14, 2012

Happy Exhaustion!


 Well, I had my blog post all composed in my head yesterday, along with pictures I was going to share with you.  I sat down to relax after a long day ... at 9:30 p.m., I just passed out on the couch!  I was so tired, so I apologize for leaving you hanging!  Yes, I finished the quilt, and I finished it just in time!  I got up super early on Friday morning, quilted a couple hours.  Had to take a break and grocery shop with my mom; then back to quilting to finish it up.  I was done and the quilt was trimmed by about 1:00 p.m.  I zipped over to the store where I got the appropriate "ooh's" and "aah's" that made me feel so great!!!  I gladly accepted them.  It looks so beautiful hung in the store.  One of the gals took a really good picture (her camera is so much sharper than mine), so as soon as I can grab that from her, I'll post a better picture.
 
 


I was extra careful when loading the quilt because even with the borders on, there were so many bias edges in the quilt that I just didn't want anything to shift while quilting.
A close up of the quilting design I decided on.  I didn't like it at first, but then I got into a groove, and I just love it!


My last row ... finished!
Ta-da!!!!!!!


 Okay ... I am off to pass out again!!!!

2 comments:

Wilma said...

Your quilt, and quilting looks wonderful. You did a wonderful job, and the quilting fits it perfectly.

Wonky Girl said...

Such a beautiful quilt! Congrats on the happy finish :)