Friday, January 27, 2012

A Funny Story

Sew ... I'm not getting very much sewing done around here!  Ha, ha ... went to visit my friend today ... my other friend and I took her lunch and hung around and visited for a while.  It was great to see her; the cancer is in her back, and she is going to the radiologist next week to start more radiation.  In the meantime, they have started her on a cancer drug (not chemo), combined with another drug which is supposed to really zap the bad stuff.  This drug combination is something that they didn't do a year or so ago.  The more time that passes, the more ways they find to successfully treat cancer.  I hope sometime soon we all see a cure.  If you pray, please pray for my friend, Helen.

When I came home, I just puttered around the house doing some gardening and work to keep my mind and hands busy.  I was sitting on the back patio and just watching the two crazy dogs that I live with!  We back up to a park, so there is always something going on out there ... people to see, dogs to see, dogs running off-leash that aren't supposed to be ... it really upsets my dogs.  Sophie, the little dog, is facing south towards the park; Charlie, the big dog, is facing west towards the neighbor's yard because there is a big black and white cat that sits on the far side of the yard and just stares the dogs down.  Now of course we have a cat in our household, Nala; Nala thinks she is a dog, and Sophie thinks she is a cat.  They wrestle every day, and it is hilarious .... first there will be a boxing session ... Nala coming at Sophie with her paws "swat" "swat", then Sophie pouncing forward and back like a boxer.  It doesn't matter that Charlie lives with a cat, one of his main missions in life is to seek out all cats and chase them.  The cat next door drives him crazy (and she knows she drives him crazy), and so he just barks and barks at her.  I walk the dogs every day, and about twice a week, Charlie goes after one of the two cats that live on the other side of us, almost pulling me off my feet!  This is my life ... sometimes it drives me crazy, but most of the time, they just make me laugh!  I love my animals ...
Charlie and Sophie staring into the park waiting for action
Nala and Sophie wrestling

No comments: