Friday, December 9, 2011

Traveling Thursday

Work was productive and I have been working on this block of the month for next year for several months... I must say I'm so past ready to be done with it!  It has been slow going ... because even though my job at work is to be sewing, and there are two other people in there working, if a customer needs help, I can't say "I'm working on something else," I get up and help them.  I only have 4 more blocks to do and then I get to assemble them all together.  Have I shown you what the quilt looks like ... let me see whether I can find it on the internet ... hold on ...

Cotton Club Block of the Month Paula Barnes of Bonnie Blue Quilts
There are 45 blocks in this quilt, and each one is 5 inches ... it's a lot of work, but a beautiful quilt.  I am anxious to get it finished.

I remembered to take a picture of the quilt I finished binding and washed yesterday.  We slept under it last night ...
Isn't it pretty?  That's the first French General line by Moda ... you can't see it very well, but there is a beautiful baby blue color in the top and bottom borders, and a little in some of the blocks.  I just loved that blue!

Okay ... my blog for today that I'm sending you to is ... Organized Christmas!  I think my cousin told me about this website last year, and I looked at it, then forgot about it ... I found it again about a week ago through another blog.  It is an in depth website helping you to navigate all the things that surround Christmas.  It is very detailed ... it has some good ideas, and while I am not following everything, there are some great ideas.  I love some of the downloads that they have that you can print out; primarily, a log of the Christmas things you have bought over the internet, who it's for, etc., etc.  Check it out ... here is the address
http://christmas.organizedhome.com/

Happy almost-Friday!

No comments: