Tuesday, December 13, 2011

On the third day ...

... I got a lot done today!  It's amazing what getting a little sleep can do for you.  Ran some errands ... took care of some issues that have been sitting in my mind needing to be dealt with.  You know how you put things off because it just seems like a headache, but then it takes up space in your brain worrying about it, and then when you finally take care of the task, you feel so much better?  So why don't we take care of it earlier so we don't have to think about it?  If anyone has the answer to that, please let me know!

Pulled down another Christmas box and got everything decorated that I can.  Except the Christmas tree (which we don't have yet), and the outside lights aren't up.  It was raining today and yesterday and I didn't want to get myself all wet puttting the lights out today.  Sat down and made my Christmas card list and wrote out five cards.  Christmas cards are a big deal for me ... it takes me a really long time because I handwrite personal notes in all my cards.  I don't like it when I haven't heard from someone for a year, and all I get in the card is a "Love, ___________."  It just seems silly to me to just rush to get the card out ... if you don't like to write, and I know a lot of people don't, at least just write a "Hope you have a nice Christmas."  Something!  Even if we do a blanket Christmas letter, which we often do (my husband always does one and we send separate cards ... long story), I still handwrite a little note ... again, it's the personal touch so they know I'm really thinking about them.  Then made my second batch of Christmas cookies ...
... a double batch of wedding cake cookies.  Can I just say that I love butter and I love sugar ... put them together and you get this delicious cookie!  It melts in your mouth and is wonderful with a cup of tea.

Then I cooked dinner and then finished hanging some Christmas stuff on the wall.  I hate hanging stuff ... it will sit and then I won't do it.  I made myself hang a Christmas quilt, and some other signs, etc. that I have for Christmas.  Here's the bench that sits in my hallway with a quilt hanging over it ...
Looking at it in the picture, I hate the way it looks ... too country.  We had the stuffed animals out (they are some of the kids' toys from when they were little) because my husband's friend was over with her twins a couple of weeks ago.  The need to go away.  This bench is a bench I inherited and I love, but it really has a country flair to it ... I want it to be more primitive.  Hmmm ... I wonder what I could do to fix that.


This is a picture of the quilt and a sign I hung over it tonight.  I don't have a Christmas quilt to hang here, but the colors go and it's a valentine's quilt, so it can stay up for a couple of months!  I don't know if I like it and I'll probably take something down!  This is why I don't hang stuff ... I just never like the way it looks!

No comments: