Tuesday, December 13, 2011

On the second day of relaxation ...

... I delivered the two quilts I quilted this weekend.  I didn't tell my customer that I ran over my finger with the machine.  I'll tell her on Thursday when I see her at the store.  I didn't sleep last night ... woke up at 2:30 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep.  Usually when I get up and read for an hour, it tires me out, but it didn't work this time.  So that kind of set the mood for my day ... I felt like I had a hangover all day and didn't even get the fun of having a drink!  It rained here today all day ... not a normal occurrence in San Diego.  Of course it rained today because I washed a couple of windows yesterday ... I couldn't stand how dirty they were, and washed a couple yesterday and was going to do the rest today!  Ha, ha ...  I did get a couple of errands run this morning, came home and met the tree man about taking down (or thinning out) the two big eucalyptus trees that are up our driveway.  I love them and am voting for the thinning out part ... do you know the cost of tree trimming/removal ... wow!

I did get some more of the Christmas decorations up ... now just waiting until my sweet son comes home on Friday so we can go get our tree.  I can't believe there are only two weeks left until Christmas ... I did a bunch of shopping day after Thanksgiving, and here I am not done and feeling the pressure.  There is a part of me that just hates the sales, ads and everything this time of year.  Everything screams at us that there are "x" amount of shopping days left; and here's this sale if you STILL haven't finished your Christmas shopping.  Stop rushing me!  They start talking about the 12 days of Christmas on December 1, and you get the feeling that you're behind on December 3rd!  Here were my great deals for the day ... I went to Starbuck's this morning and bought their travel mug for $19.95 and for the month of January I get free brewed coffee.  The downside of this is that the buy 15 drinks get a free drink (with your registered card) won't apply during January, but when I'm poor because I spent all my money at Christmas, at least I'll be able to get a cup of coffee every da!  Ha, ha ... It was my lucky day because I got the last mug.  My friend wanted one too, and the manger of the store was so wonderful that he drove to another store nearby to get a mug for my friend ... we are good customers, and the manager, Jamal, is the best!  The other thing I did was order myself some eye makeup that I have badly needed with a $15 on $50 gift card I got through email from Sephora.  Free shipping over $50, so Merry Christmas to me ... $59 worth of goodies for $44 (because of course I had to pay tax).  Ah, the rest of it will all get done, and I think I'll be more in the Christmas mood when my son comes home.  He is arriving Thursday night and has arthroscopic surgery scheduled for Friday morning on his shoulder.  He's a tennis player and injured his shoulder, and this was the best time to have it done.  I must admit at 2:30 this morning when I couldn't sleep, that was going through my mind ... no matter how old our children are, we still worry about them.  I'm worried about his surgery even though he is 21!  Hope I sleep well tonight.  Enjoy your holiday season and don't let the retail "pitch" rush you or get you down!  Merry Christmas!  What are you doing to feed your soul?

1 comment:

Quiltdolls said...

Love your blog. Read it every night. Did you get a nap today. Miss seeing you. Signed up for Christines class for thursday at the loft. I hope you are still going to work on thursdays. All my love

Kim