Sunday, December 11, 2011

On the first day of ...

... relaxation, this is what I did ...
Well, I didn't exactly get any decorating done today, but one of my goals was to be able to sit and sew, and I did.  I got up early, read the newspaper, relaxed and had some coffee, then sat down and watched a couple of movies while I hand sewed.  These were kits I bought at the store ... the top left could be an ornament, but it is a gift card holder (see the Starbuck's gift card inside of it?  It's an empty card ... I keep them all because I have so many different ones.  One day I'm going to make a collage of them!); the bottom is supposed to be a little winter sewing bag, and the top right a pincushion to go in the winter sewing bag.  Very fun to do!  We rented the last Harry Potter movie and watched it today ... even though it was a very dark subject matter, it was a good movie.  We had seen it in the theater when it came out, but I always forget the movies, and love to see them again.

Last night we went to my daughter's closing of her play ... we took my mom and a friend of her's as well.  They really enjoyed the play and my daughter and all of the actors and actresses had an outstanding night.  The play just got better and better every time I saw it (three to be exact!), and she is sad that it is over.  Now she can have her life back though ... between practices for months and then leaving the house at 4:45 p.m. and not getting home until 10:30 since production started, she can get some sleep again.  Tryouts for the spring play start in a couple of weeks ... of course she is trying out for the play!  Ha, ha ...

Think I'll finish my night with hot chocolate ... I'm sitting in front of a nice warm fire, and it seems like the perfect end to the day!

No comments: