Saturday, December 17, 2011

On the eighth day ...

... exhaustion!  Well, that was really on the 7th day.  I didn't post yesterday because I was just pooped.  My son flew in Thursday night from college, and Friday morning at 7 a.m. he was scheduled for arthroscopic surgery on his shoulder.  I set my alarm for 5:30 (ugh!), and I was hoping I would feel better than I had on Thursday.  Well i woke up at 3:45 and couldn't go back to sleep ... this sleep deprivation stinks.  I think its hormonal; so I got up took a shower and got all ready and we left the house at 5:30.  His surgery went well and we were home by 10:30.  Did some running around to get his prescriptions, made him some lunch and myself, then I started wrapping the presents that needed to be mailed that day.  That was my goal for the day ... I went to the local copy/postal store and stood in line for just 30 min., picked up my vacuum that was being fixed next door (like how I tied those errands in together?  Sometimes I'm so smart!), and was home by 4.  I could not believe how long the day lasted -- that getting up early thing has something to it!  Ha, ha  Then I collapsed on the couch for a 2 hour nap.

Today my goal is to sew a binding onto a quilt, and finish the quilting on it.  It's a quilt that I pulled off the frame and then realized there were a couple of areas that I missed ... oops!  No biggie, I'll just repin it and fix those two small areas.

Onto Christmas ... every year at Christmas time I struggled to find a way to display the Christmas cards that we got.  A couple of years ago I finally came up with something I liked.  I think I saw it in a magazine, and so I will pass it onto you ... I thought it was brilliant.  We have french doors in our hallway and I string a fat, colorful rickrack across the window.  Then using paper clips, I paper clip them on ... it looks great when there's only a few, because I can space them out, and as I get more, I just slide the other ones around to make room.  When the first row fills up I'll add another row.  Here's what it looked like a few days ago
Not many Christmas cards on it, but its starting to fill up.  I need to add another row.  I really like it and I pass it all the time ... I can see this door in the main part of my house when I'm walking from the kitchen to the living room.  I redecorated that bench in the hallway and I like it better now.  I'll snap a picture of that to show you.  How do you display your Christmas cards?  I'd love to hear your ideas.

I just finished up my Christmas shopping online ... well, I should say finished all the online stuff.  I still have a couple of things to buy that I need to go to the store for, but I feel so much better now that the online stuff is done.  Don't you just love computers?  When I started online shopping a few years ago, it was so wonderful.  I love to order from stores that are local and then if the item needs to go back, I don't have to return it via the mail, I can just go into the store to exchange it.  It certainly saves time driving to the stores, and the hassle of the crowds.  Okay ... off to relax for a bit before my day really starts -- we're finally getting our Christmas tree today ... yay!  Hope your enjoying your holly-days!

No comments: