Monday, December 19, 2011

On the 10th day ...

... complete and total exhaustion!  I wrote the previous post on Sat. afternoon, and never even got a chance to post it yesterday as I was waiting to download the picture.  My son's bandages came off yesterday morning and now we have this icing contraption that he has to be strapped into for four hours a day ... 20 min. on and 40 min. off.  I am doing nothing but taking the darn thing off him and then putting it back on.  Its really nifty actually because it's like an ice pack that conforms to your body and circulates ice cold water.  Much more efficient than an ice pack.  I'm also making sure that he gets his pain medication every 4 - 6 hours because he loses track of the time.  Plus I am still waking up early ... I don't know whether its hormonal or because I have so much to do and my mind just is whirling. Ah well ... it's only sleep, right?! =:)

I did finally manage to get the binding on the quilt I needed to finish ... can you believe I forgot to take a picture of it!  It was for one of my friends at work.  At our Christmas party every year we draw names and I had to have it done because today was the party!  I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

I have a group of friends that I have coffee with every morning ... yes, every morning, Mon. through Friday.  We used to stand in the parking lot of school and chat after we dropped our kids off when they were in kindergarten, and then we decided to go have coffee one day.  It didn't used to be so frequent, but now that those kids are 17, we have a little more time.  We all have jobs, and sometimes are schedules don't always allow everyone to be there, but its a pretty regular thing.  We had a Christmas party the other day to celebrate and just enjoy each other ...
I don't know why I can't get a picture that doesn't have funky lighting issues ... but here we are ... from left to right, Penny, Tracy, Bill, Me and Kassie.  Bill we just adopted a few years ago ... he used to go to the same coffee place and after seeing him every day for several months, we invited him to come join us.  A great friendship was born ... we consider him one of the chicks!  I hope you all are taking the time this season to enjoy your friends and let them know how important they are to you!

No comments: