Monday, December 5, 2011

Decorating, sewing, pictures, teenagers!

Teenagers ... I asked my daughter tonight if she would please upload the photos I took using her camera this afternoon ... if she would just do it before she went to bed.  Guess what she didn't do ... then I couldn't find her cable to hook into the compter to upload ... I was so made I almost woke her up.  Of course she asked me to do something for her before she went to bed ... how about if I just "forgot?" 

Here are some pictures I promised of my Christmas decorations so far ...

my kitchen windowsill

mantel in our living room
table in corner of living room
As you can see, I'm kind of a minimalist ... over the years I have really paired down the decorations ... I just don't like too much clutter.  Down in this next picture ... it's one of those "what doesn't belong here?"
Do you see it?  The cute little holiday decorations on the piano in the living room with the HALLOWEEN quilt hanging behind it?!  Oops ... that quilt got looked over when I was taking everything down the other day.  Ha, ha ...  Now the one thing I do collect besides a few Santas, is Advent calendars ... how many is too many?  Especially when you don't have little kids?  My 17 year old daughter loves them (as do I!) ... she comes down every morning and it is the first thing she does ...
This one sits in the hallway as soon as you come down the stairs.  It's a cute little one I bought at Starbuck's a couple of years ago.  Each little drawer was filled with a chocolate.  It was so nice that I kept it ... I think this is the 4th year we've had it.  I put little treats in the drawers, and when you pull the drawer out, you turn it around and it eventually makes a picture.   Today the treat was $1!
This one is in the living room and you're supposed to write how many days left until Christmas, but she missed this one!
This hangs in the dining room ... boy that wall looks a little sad, but I promise it looks better when you can see the whole wall.  This advent calendar I made when my son was about 3 years old.  He is now 21!  It was fun to do and over the years the goodies in the pockets have changed a little because they've gotten lost along the way, so we replace them with other things ... they're just little trinkets that are ornaments or something special that I put a little velcro on the back of and it hangs on the outside of the pocket.  I love to see everything in this calendar because many of them are as old as the calendar and it's fun to remember where they all came from.

On to quilting ... I made more progress on the king size quilt today.  I just took a picture of it to show you how far the quilt has come up off the floor ... I should be able to finish it tomorrow ....

Can you see at the bottom there?  It's actually clearing the floor today!

Here's a close up of the stippling ... its coming out very nicely ...
Now off to bed ... Charlie has the right idea ...

.......................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....................................

No comments: