Monday, November 21, 2011

On schedule

Well today is the first day of my scheduling my quilting.  I got a bit of a late start on the quilt, but I got it done!  I'm so glad I took the time yesterday to load it because by the time I went to coffee with my friends this morning for a short bit, went to the drugstore, and then did my Thanksgiving dinner shopping and finally ate lunch, it was almost 2 p.m.  It feels good to have a schedule and keep to it.  I suspect that people that work from home have a real difficult time keeping themselves to a schedule, and not letting it overtake their lives.  I know if you ask my husband, he would tell you it was overtaking our lives!

This quilt was really fun to quilt ... it was just a simple block, but the white, turquoise, green and pink colors in it screamed for me to do something a little funky and fun.  I thought about doing a pantograph, but started paging through some books and found a design called a feather medley.  I've really wanted to use some kind of feathering in quilting ... not really the fancy feathers, but something a little more funky, so I decided I needed to start somewhere.  It's a little scary to do a new design on someone else's quilt, but it is also easy to get stuck in a rut where you're doing the same patterns over and over again!  This was really fun to quilt, and the turquoise thread I went back and forth on a couple times, but I'm really glad I used it because I think it came out so cute!


There's a little feather pattern in there towards the top of the pic in the middle
 
It's kind of hard to see the full pattern, but it's really pretty.  Has some scallops, some flowers, some spiky flowers, spirals ... a lot of movement.
I hope Judy loves it as much as I do!

I'm so excited because my sweet son is coming home for Thanksgiving tomorrow!  I sure miss him and he is a senior, so he'll be done in the spring.  I'm picking him up from the airport super early tomororw morning, and then he'll be here through Sunday ... love the holidays for more than one reason ... I get to see my son!

No comments: