Saturday, October 22, 2011

Friday's News ...

I don't know what happened to yesterday!  I was in bed really late last night and my last thought was "I forgot to post on my blog!"  There are a couple of things I have to do every night, and for some reason I have had a hard time keeping up with it.  Of course there's the usual mom stuff, but since I started blogging, I usually do it later in the evening.  The other thing I've started doing is calling my mom every night to find out what she's eaten during the day and whether she's taken a walk outside.  My mom is 74, young, but she has been having some problems with seeming listless and almost in a stupor, and I think it's because she wasn't eating properly.  So instead of her taking a cab to the grocery store every week (I have offered to drive her whenever she wants, but she wouldn't call me), I now take her on Friday's usually.  That way I can see what she's buying and remind her of certain things, like the fact that she needs more protein.  While we were at Albertson's grocery store yesterday, my mom turned me onto this drink she found ...
... I usually don't like sweet coffee drinks, but what intrigued me about this one is that it has protein in it!!  The serving size is 8 ounces, and the calories are 180, with 8 grams of protein in a serving.  Well I pour 4 ounces into a glass, add a bunch of ice and then top it off with a little 1% milk.  I figure I probably have about 120 calories and 4 grams of protein and it is really delicious!  I wouldn't want to have it straight because it is really, really sweet.  This would be something great to sip at night when I'm craving something sweet and don't want to eat something unhealthy.

On another note, usually on Friday night we go out to dinner and have chinese food and then come home and watch a movie.  The movie we watched last night was called "Bad Teacher" with Cameron Diaz.  It was not very good.  It bordered on being awful, and was full of a lot of sexual references that just weren't needed.  It was worth the $1 we paid for it, but I would have been really unhappy if I went to the theatre and watched it!  No sewing done today ... between the grocery store and organizing the coupons I've amassed (it was very necessary to do so), the day disappeared.

No comments: