Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Block of the month

When I started this blog, I was hoping to do a couple of things.  Inspire other people who like to quilt by sharing what I work on, making a journal of what I do, and keeping myself on task as I tend to get sidetracked on my quilting.  Well, it is definitely working out the way I had hoped for!  When I start out my day, I think about what my post is going to be on my blog.  Now if only I would have to be responsible for blogging about my workout routine and the time I spend at the gym!!!  Today I worked more on my apron strings quilt.  I have 9 blocks done, just 3 to go ... yay!  I have to work tomorrow, so hopefully I will get those blocks done on Friday (do you see what I'm doing here?  Because I told you I'm going to get them done, then I have someone to be held accountable to!).  I put together the first piece of my Across the Wide Missouri block ... there are maybe about 10 more sections, but if I do a little bit at a time, I'll be done by the end of the year.  The worst part is there is a big border and lots of applique, but the applique is big pieces, so that helps.
It reads really plain right now because these borders don't have much color, but it will be great!  Yay!!

No comments: